Projecta 80W Watt Portable Folding Solar Panel Kit 4wd Camping Hunting Spm80K
FAST SECURE SHIPPING * AUTHORISED PROJECTA DEALER
Make 4 payments of $150.62 over 8 weeks and get it now!
GENUINE PROJECTA FOLDING 12V 80W SOLAR PANEL WITH BUILT IN SOLAR CONTROLLER / REGULATOR BRAND NEW IN SEALED BOX WITH FULL NATIONWIDE WARRANTY MODEL P/N SPM80K
- Monocrystalline Solar Panel with a frameless design that folds up.
- Durable canvas making them travel-safe and easy to pack into your boot or trailer.
- A hard fibre glass backing allows the panels to be angled towards the sun for optimum performance.
- Includes support legs.
- Built in 8.5 Amp solar controller and 5m lead with battery clips that Maintains your battery in a fully charged state while protecting it from over charge and solar discharge.
- LED features GREEN LED: Indicates fully charged YELLOW LED: Indicates charging
- TYPE MONOCRYSTALLINE
- RATED POWER 80WATTS
- OPEN CIRCUIT VOLTAGE 21V
- SHORT CIRCUIT CURRENT 5.0A
- PEAK POWER VOLTAGE 17.5V
- PEAK POWER CURRENT 4.56A
- TEST CONDITIONS 1000W/m2, 25 ̊C
- FUSE 10A
- BATTERY CONNECTIONS Battery Clamps
- WEIGHT 4.7kg
SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER
- TYPE AUTOMATIC
- INPUT 12V SOLAR PANELS
- MAXIMUM INPUT 25V
- BATTERY 12V
- CUT OUT 14.4V
- CUT IN 13.3V
- START 9V
- APPROVALS EMC
- BATTERY SIZES 250–900CCA , 300-1000MCA , 20-140Ah
- CHARGE TIME 7–35 Hours
What is the performance of your solar panel dependent on?
The first factor influencing how much electrical energy you will generate is the size (otherwise known as rated power) of your solar panel. A larger panel ( more watts ) will produce more electrical energy (just as a bigger car engine has more grunt).But if we move past the obvious impact of size, the amount of energy your solar cells produce depends on how much fuel they are fed (just as the amount of energy a car engine will produce depends on how much petrol you pump into it via your foot on the throttle). In the case of solar cells, their fuel is the sun.
The amount of sun your solar cells are exposed to (and hence how much energy they will generate) depends upon:
- The of your installation (which you always try to optimise but depends on the situation)
- Whether there are shadows cast over your panel (due to trees, buildings etc)
- The number of daylight hours (governed by where you are located in Australia)
- The intensity of the sunlight (governed by where you are located in Australia )
- The number of hours of full sun vs cloudy days (governed by the weather)
If we exclude the first two factors, which you have a degree of control over, your location in Australia is the primary variable dictating how much energy your panel will produce. Hence, say a 100 watt system in Melbourne will typically not produce as much electrical energy over the year as the same system in Alice Springs.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Autoelec users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.