Sterling Waterproof 12V-24V Volt DC To DC Dual Battery Charger
FAST SECURE FREIGHT *AUTH DEALER* IP68 MARINE RATED
Make 4 payments of $108.51 over 8 weeks and get it now!
LATEST VERSION STERLING POWER IP68 FULLY WATERPROOF IN VEHICLE /BOAT / CARAVAN / RV / CAMPER TRAILER, 4 STAGE DC TO DC BATTERY CHARGER AND DUAL BATTERY ISOLATOR COMBINATION MODEL P/N BBW1224
NOTE: THIS UNIT IS 12 VOLT INPUT AND 24 VOLT OUTPUT
We have sold many of these units with 100% satisfaction but of late some vehicles now run a sophisticated charging system that "in laymans terms" the alternator charges at such a low voltage that it "fools" this standard type of DC to DC charger into thinking the vehicle is stationary therefore not charging the auxiliary battery.
This mainly applies to some vehicles after 2010, so if you are not sure contact us and we will direct you to the one that suits your vehicle and best suits your application circumstances.
This is about as good as gets for a dual battery system solution where there is significant exposure to water, with many off-road , marine and people towing a vehicle set up with 2 different battery technologies ( start battery being lead acid ) and the auxiliary battery is another, say AGM or Lithium*, it is difficult to get long life or full charge our of the second/auxiliary battery.
*Lithium charge is not supported by this unit when the battery is fitted under the bonnet because of the significant increase in temperature there.
The Pro Charge B series is a fully epoxy encapsulated, plug and play, battery to battery charger.
It is primarily designed to be put between the starter battery and an auxiliary battery (e.g. caravan/camper/trolling/bow thruster/domestic).
The charger puts a load on the alternator and converts that load into a 4 stage charging profile to provide fast and effective charging to the auxiliary battery/batteries.
The whole point of the charger is to charge your batteries up when you drive/cruise along by fully utilizing your onboard alternator.
Because of its weatherproof casing, this unit is brilliant on fishing boats with a trolling motor bank, off-road camper trailers and caravans, 4x4's where installed could come into contact with wet conditions such as river crossings.
- Boost / Reduce Charging. The Pro Charge B shall ensure your batteries get the correct charging profile for your batteries irrespective of high or low input voltage.
- Up to 25 amps charge output rating, Output charging at 24V. Input voltages at 12V and 24V. *This listing 12volt input 24-volt output
- Regenerative Braking friendly. This product can be used in vehicles with regenerative braking / smart alternators.
- IP68, totally waterproof, fully en-capitulated can be submerged in water.
- Battery Chemistry type selection. 6 battery chemistry types including AGM, Gel, sealed/flooded lead-acid and Lithium LiFePO4.
- Thermal power reduction, allows for short high power runs to maximise power transfer.
- Multiple units can be used on the same installation.
- Various activation modes. Automatic mode works from sensing voltage. Manual mode works from switch override. Regenerative braking mode the chargers stays on down to 12.2V.
- Suitable for battery banks up to about 200Ah at 12V.
- Pre-Wired and Pre-Fused cables. 1.5 m / 70 inches cable length.
- Size: 230mm x 135mm x 65mm (LxWxD)
- Weight:2.5Kg (5.5 lbs)
- Output: 25 Amps* at 24 volts
- System activated at > 13.3V system sleep at < 13.0V after 20 mins
- Current pass shut down at 13.2V on auto-control 12.4V on manual control
- Sleep current draw < 1mA
- Overvoltage trip 16V( output )
- Overvoltage trip 16V( input )
- Low voltage warning 6.5V ( input )
*25A for about 30 minutes then drops to about 18A on thermal restriction
NOTE: The manual advises to use fuses to connect into this system for protection but to take you to a circuit breaker, this would be the best choice for connecting to this system because as well as being WATERPROOF, a circuit breaker ( compared to fuses ) has the advantage of if overloaded can be manually reset again on the spot, this compared to a fuse which when it blows needs to be replaced, let along the inconvenience of changing it if you have a spare one.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Autoelec users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.