Projecta 12V 120W Folding Solar Panel Battery Charger Kit
FAST & SECURE FREIGHT * AUTHORISED PROJECTA DEALER
Make 4 payments of $133.40 over 8 weeks and get it now!
GENUINE PROJECTA FOLDING 12V 120W SOLAR PANEL BRAND NEW IN SEALED BOX WITH FULL NATIONWIDE WARRANTY MODEL P/N SPP120K
Projecta’s extensive range includes two types of solar panel technologies, each serving a different purpose and budget. This polycrystalline offers greater efficiency and is ideal for charging batteries.This 120W model is great for most portable camping fridge / battery situations providing approx 35-40 amps a day in good weather ( see below What is the performance of your solar panel dependent on?) . Comes complete with leads and carry bag. Feet position angles designed for use in the southern hemisphere.
Polycrystalline solar panels are manufactured from a solar cell that is cast from silicon. These cells are more efficient at producing power than an amorphous panel ,so the size of the panel is smaller yet capable of producing greater output power. Their greater power generating capabilities along with compact size make them ideal for caravans, motor homes, house boats etc, as well as shacks and other applications where power is required to charge battery banks that service multiple appliances. Designed for use on caravans, motor homes, remote pumps etc as well as shacks and holiday homes where power is required to charge batteries servicing larger or multiple appliances. The kits are ready for use straight out of the bag.
- High performance polycrystalline silicon
- 12 volt, 10 amp heavy duty regulator
- 5 m lead with alligator clips and alligator clamp connectors
- Adjustable feet - for optimum angle to the sun
- Folds up easily and compact
- Weight 14kg (Including cables & carry bag )
- Comes with protective carry bag
What is the performance of your solar panel dependent on?
The first factor influencing how much electrical energy you will generate is the size (otherwise known as rated power) of your solar panel. A larger panel ( more watts ) will produce more electrical energy (just as a bigger car engine has more grunt).But if we move past the obvious impact of size, the amount of energy your solar cells produce depends on how much fuel they are fed (just as the amount of energy a car engine will produce depends on how much petrol you pump into it via your foot on the throttle). In the case of solar cells, their fuel is the sun.
The amount of sun your solar cells are exposed to (and hence how much energy they will generate) depends upon:
- The of your installation (which you always try to optimise but depends on the situation)
- Whether there are shadows cast over your panel (due to trees, buildings etc)
- The number of daylight hours (governed by where you are located in Australia)
- The intensity of the sunlight (governed by where you are located in Australia )
- The number of hours of full sun vs cloudy days (governed by the weather)
If we exclude the first two factors, which you have a degree of control over, your location in Australia is the primary variable dictating how much energy your panel will produce. Hence, say a 100 watt system in Melbourne will typically not produce as much electrical energy over the year as the same system in Alice Springs.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Autoelec users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.